One of the highlights of EBS+, the online Congress organised by the European BIM Summit on November 19, is the possibility of taking part in the round tables at which the collaborative working documents about the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) data format, the implementation of the ISO 19650 standard and the common data environment for Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) will be shared.
It is a great opportunity to listen to the insights of some of the leading international experts and to contribute to the definitive configuration of three documents that provide added value to work in the BIM environment.
IFC in the building process
The first table, IFC in the building process, will begin at 10:00 am. It will be moderated by the architect Rafael Capdevila, director of the BIM Manager postgrad of the Col·legi d’Aparelladors, Arquitectes Tècnics i Enginyers d’Edificació de Barcelona [Association of Surveyors, Technical Architects and Building Engineers of Barcelona] (CAATEEB), and will feature the participation of:
- Rob Roeff: known as Captain BIM of Rotterdam, he is a business developer at the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), where he manages the development of open-source BIM developments.
- Pilar Jiménez: she is BIM Manager at INECO, in charge of the implementation of BIM in the corporate setting, leading innovation projects such as the auditing of BIM models and the evaluation of modelling software IFC capabilities.
- Sebastián Manríquez: he is assistant director of PlanBIM Chile, an organisation tasked with implementing BIM technology in public institutions.
- Nick Marriott: he is a Chartered Architectural Technologist (MCIAT) and a chartered building engineer with more than thirty years of experience in building, as well as a specialist in BIM development.
Easy implementation of the ISO 19650
The second round table is scheduled for 12:10 pm. Titled Easy implementation of the ISO 19650, it will be dealing with how to include this quality certification in order to guarantee an efficient Common Data Environment (CDE), in which all team members will have the information they need about the project in a structured and secure fashion.
The moderator will be Sergio Muñoz, general secretary of buildingSMART Spanish Chapter, CEO of Laurentia Technologies and co-founder of bim+partners. The other participants will be:
- Frédéric Grand: he is an expert in data product and is the coordinator of the international and standardisation area of buildingSMART France and founder of Quod Semantics.
- Maria Elena Pla: she works in the integration of products and services of the Instituto de Tecnología de la Construcción [The Catalan Institute of Construction Technology] (ITeC) in BIM management and participates in the actions of the Comisión Construimos el Futuro [Building the Future Commission] of the same organisation.
- Anne Kemp: she is an expert in BIM and geospatial and digital engineering, is the chair of UK BIM Alliance and a member of the Atkins international consulting company, specialising in project design, engineering and management.
- Mohsen Shojaee Far: he is co-founder and CEO of SIMBIM, a BIM software solutions vendor and the exclusive GRAPHISOFT training centre. He is also a member of buildingSMART International.
CDE4IPD, Common Data Environment for Integrated Project Delivery
The third round table will begin at 16:10 pm. The participants will be working on the CDE4IPD, Common Data Environment for Integrated Project Delivery document. The moderator will be Ignasi Pérez Arnal, CEO of BIM Academy and director of the Congreso Nacional de Arquitectura Avanzada y Construcción 4.0 [National Congress of Advanced Architecture and Construction 4.0] of REBUILD. The other participants will be:
- Jennifer Macdonald: she is an expert in digital technologies, collaborative teamwork practices and innovation in the construction industry, she is a consultant in BIM, Smart Cities, digital engineering and emerging technologies in building at PCSG, based in the United Kingdom and Australia.
- Cristina Niculescu: she is managing director of thinkproject Iberia, where she leads the implementation of collaboration between companies and digital technologies to help the engineering and building industry to complete their digital transformation.
- Manuel Bouzas: he is an architect with extensive experience as project lead and in work management, he is a founding partner and director of EasyBIM, a consulting company that specialises in the evaluation and implementation of BIM methodology in the building industry.
The European BIM Summit is possible thanks to the contribution of our sponsors: Roca, as Main sponsor; Finalcad, as Gold sponsor; Agència Catalana de l’Aigua, ATL, Bentley, CIAT, FGC, MUSAAT, PREMAAT, Graphisoft Archicad and SIMBIM Solutions, as Silver sponsors; Calaf Constructora, Copisa, and Fundación Laboral de la Construcción, as Pro sponsors; and BASF, as Sustainability sponsor. It has also the support and the collaboration of the Departament de Territori i Sostenibilitat of the Generalitat de Catalunya.